Wednesday, April 4, 2012

 This is my sister Aissatou who is my savior at my homestay. She is 16 and constantly looks out for me, helps me with Mandinka and French, teaches me how to do everything from clean my feet to cook caaboo. She is holding Siiree, the cutest thing EVER and behind is Fatu, Siiree's sister. They live in the compound and their Mandinka family of 6 rents a room.
 this is the delicious tea attaya with about 6 tablespoons of sugar in the little pot being made. I drink it pretty much after every meal. It is not chocolate but hey, better than nothing.
 Me and Siiree, this is pretty much my life.

 Us at the beach, ya we struggle.

 My mom cooking my fav meal. ya it is a lot of rice... I eat out of that big bowl with 8 boys. I will have a blog soon about food....

No comments:

Post a Comment