Saturday, November 3, 2012


Thanks to all of the amazing people who have sent me goodies, food, love, and letters! This is the corner of my room where I put up all of my letters! I look at them everyday and think of all of you! Thank you!

 I am sorry that it has been so long since my last post! Once again, time just goes by and before I know it- its November!! Since my last post many, (but really very few) things have happened. The most exciting of which is that two monitor lizards dug a hole through the outside of my latrine and into the pit and were living there. Google monitor lizards. They are disgusting. Too much info? Sorry.
My health hut has been functioning successfully and I hang out there most days. My baby sister no longer cries when she looks at my white skin so I now carry her everywhere on my back. I joke that I will also carry her to the States although who knows if its a joke.... ;)
 The corn is ready which allowed us to have delicious snacks of burned corn for a few weeks. Okra is also in season and I spend many hours carefully slicing buckets okra into tiny pieces with one of my mothers. It is then dried, pounded, sifted and cooked with peanut water. Cooking here has a few more steps than in the states...
Halloween passed by for all of you, and i had an even more important holiday that involved  killing many sheep....

1 comment:

  1. I made the mistake of eating dinner while reading your very delightful entry about Tabaski. Love the analogies - that is correct isn't it? I seem to have left my teacher brain at work today. Love you !

    ReplyDelete